Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Success of Failures:


I’ve been thinking lately about different things I’ve tried that didn’t work out and how grateful I am that they did not.

The first one that comes to mind is my academic career. If I’d been more successful with grants and publications as Ph.D (as i planned after my MCA and M.Tech) , it would have been harder to decide to leave academia. I’m glad I left when I did.

When I was in sr. secondary school I wanted to be into any engineering stream except Computer Science. At one point decided that i 'm in love with computes and how internet/graphics works, then i wanted to submerged myself a bit into it. Thank God I didn’t make to other stream.

Just before 3 months of my marriage, i didn't want to marry, i never planned for it. I now realize that how wonderful wife i have and how lucky i am to have her in my life.

I’ve looked back at jobs that I hoped to continue, and then realized how it’s a good thing that they didn’t come through.

In each of these examples, I’ve been forced to turn away from something I was moderately good at to pursue something that’s a better fit for me. I enjoy and love what I do now as a Designer and Front End Engineer.

I wonder what failure I’ll be grateful next.